Competitive base + Car/Car Allowance + Benefits Loc: Nr. Watford, Herts / Remote IT Service Desk Manager
A Fortune 500 company, our client is one of the world's largest development and construction groups. The UK business is a leading contractor, delivering projects across sectors including, real estate, defence, education, highways, rail and water. An ethical, inclusive, value driven and people focussed company, employing c3,555; UK revenues in 2021 were £1.1bn with Global revenues of SEK 148bn, c£12.5bn. Working collaboratively with customers, partners and the supply chain, the company makes a positive difference to society.
IT Services, a key corporate function, impacts almost every area of the working environment, aligning closely with Business Units and Corporate Functions to assist with business demand and growth. A great opportunity has arisen for an IT Service Desk Manager, to join the IT Service Delivery Group.
As IT Service Desk Manager, you’ll manage the IT Service Desk, developing and leading a high performance, customer focussed team delivering to SLAs, work with key stakeholders, both externally and internally enabling customer engagement. Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager, you’ll work closely with him and peers to improve the service delivery processes, ITSM, ServiceNow tooling, proactively presenting IT Service Delivery.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- providing supportive leadership for the team of 1st line analysts, prioritising and managing the workload, setting clear processes, objectives and effective goals,
- fostering a good customer service environment, managing customer satisfaction with stakeholders,
- delivering support across a variety of infrastructure, networking and application systems,
- ensuring the new ITSM tool, ServiceNow is integrated with applications and new processes are in place to improve ticket resolution
- overseeing requests, reviewing SLAs and KPIs, being the process owner for incident, problem, service request, change and incident management,
- working with resolver groups; developing dashboards for monitoring and maintaining all data (CMDB)
Technical areas encompass the MS environment, Windows 10, O365, AD/LDAP, Azure for Windows & Macs, mobile device operating systems, PC, laptop & printer hardware, SCCM, contact centre management tools, ITSM ServiceNow, Oracle ERP, CAD/CAM applications, networking Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, proxy servers, diagnostic, service reporting & scripting tools.
Of graduate calibre with a degree &/or business level qualifications, you’ll need an ITIL v3/4 SDM certification along with:
- solid IT Service Desk management experience with extensive customer service exposure and skills,
- previous experience leading & managing a 1st line team in a large, diverse, service driven environment,
- use and understanding of an ITSM, preferably ServiceNow,
- an appreciation of ERP processes, preferably Oracle,
- a data driven approach using metrics to analyse trends and optimise support.
Softer skills will include an enthusiastic, collaborative, analytical, robust and methodical approach with strong written and spoken communication skills and a commitment to service quality and stakeholder/customer service. You will enjoy building relationships, be able to demonstrate genuine diversity and equality, gain the support of others, manage expectations and conflict, and influence outcomes.
A hybrid role, the office base will be the new Head Office in Leavesden, near Watford. A hybrid opportunity, working remotely, you’ll need to attend the office at least 2/3 days a week.
To find out more about this interesting opportunity, please send your CV and reasons for applying to Rushworths.Ref: RA693
Contact: Francesca Hall-Drinkwater
Telephone: 01753 663619