Base salary £54,377 + generous benefits Kings Cross, London / Hybrid IT Procurement & Contracts Manager
NHG, Notting Hill Genesis, our client, a well-established and customer focussed housing association, is completing a major, digital change programme moving services to the cloud to make a positive impact on the lives of its residents and achieve greater business efficiency.
Can you as IT Procurement & Contracts Manager play a key part in this? As the IT Procurement & Contracts Manager can you lead on IT procurement, develop and implement strategies, manage the end-to-end IT contracts process; and ensure IT business and corporate objectives of financial efficiencies and value for money are achieved?
As IT Procurement & Contracts Manager you’ll have primary responsibility for IT, working with the Central Procurement Team and business partners, implementing sourcing plans, executing tenders, also researching and identifying routes to market for new requirements. Key tasks include;
- determining the IT procurement strategy and managing commercial negotiations with suppliers,
- supporting IT’s approach to contract compliance, working with the IS Management Team and business partners to manage procurement agreements,
- providing business support, re-negotiating existing contracts, influencing and managing groups and teams to understand the overall approach to delivering savings,
- managing contract budgets, spend and data analysis, maintaining the supplier contracts database and registers, challenging contractors’ performance, achieving value from each contract,
- leading on the deployment of procurement related systems, taking responsibility for enabling tools,
All aspects of the role will require you to deliver a high quality, customer focussed, responsive service, ensuring delivery is in line with NHG’s cultural and corporate strategies and wider requirements of FaTS (formerly OJEU) and UK laws. NHG are using the latest Microsoft Cloud and ITSM technology with the MS Office suite.
You will need a good education, a professional qualification in contract management and/or supplier relationship management and ideally membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing along with;
- sound IT Procurement and Contract management experience and a good understanding of the IT and public sectors,
- negotiating and managing IT contracts, implementing sourcing strategies and achieving savings and operational efficiencies, also presenting to Directors and decision makers,
- experience of supplier relationship management, a sound knowledge of procurement approaches, relevant legislation and an understanding of FaTS & framework call offs.
Softer skills will include an organised, collaborative and robust approach with a strong commitment to promoting best practice, compliance and delivery of the contract service. Clear and concise written and communication skills are important, with the ability to challenge existing procedures, provide and support innovation. You’ll have good commercial acumen and strong analytical skills. You’ll lead by example, facilitate, acknowledge equality and diversity, be open to change, gain trust, influence outcomes and transfer knowledge.
The office base is Kings Cross, London. Working remotely, you’ll need to attend the office at least 2, if not 3 days a week.
Notting Hill Genesis, NHG was created in 2018 from two well-established housing associations and is now one of the largest in London and the South East, owning and managing c66,000 homes and employing around 2,000 people. It provides homes across a range of tenures for lower income householders, offering quality services and creating thriving communities. Customer Service, delivering to customers’ needs, carries a high priority, across IT, corporate functions and stakeholders and out into the business.
This role offers a base salary of £54,377pa plus benefits which include generous annual leave, Health Cash Plan, Season Ticket loan, Life Assurance, a generous contributory pension offer and other benefits.
To find out more about this interesting opportunity, please send your CV and reasons for applying to Rushworths.Ref: RA692
Contact: Francesca Hall-Drinkwater
Telephone: 01753 663619